Research shows women wait to be invited to participate in new opportunities. Consider yourself invited to what could be one of the most empowering programs of your life.
eWiTS® – Empowering Women in Technology Startups is a hands-on program, successfully piloted in the fall of 2012, at the University of Florida by the Office of Technology Licensing, UF TechConnect® and the Florida Innovation Hub that provides educated women with experiential learning and skills that will empower them for the rest of their lives. While not everyone can be an entrepreneur, everyone can benefit from this program. eWiTS® offers opportunities to women of diverse professional backgrounds, from science and engineering to business functions such as marketing and finance. Many think of entrepreneurs as business people, but entrepreneurs come from all walks of life.
You will gain these benefits:
- Unique opportunity to experience the technology commercialization process — a critical element of current & future economic growth
- Access to the resources, intelligence and tools required to form a technology startup, should you wish to do so in the future
- New skill sets and knowledge for resume-building and broadened career development options
- Ability to integrate the science and technology of an innovation with the business elements needed to transform it into a product
The 10-week program is free. Those who are accepted are notified, and there is a one-time $59 registration fee to cover course materials. How to Apply.
Women think differently than men and this difference can be a powerful source of competitive advantage. By providing women with the necessary experiential entrepreneurial training to leverage women’s unique skills and perspectives for new business creation, we can transform them from employees to employers. Click here to read our collection of articles from around the web.
- Increase the number of women in leadership roles in STEM industries.
- Increase networking opportunities locally for women in STEM fields
- Encourage women to assume lead roles in STEM companies
- Provide mentoring and educational platforms for women regarding leadership and entrepreneurship
The Story Behind eWiTS®
During Jane Muir’s three decades in business, the world changed.
But at the meetings she attended, she was still, more often than not “the only person in the room wearing a skirt.” Seeking to right this imbalance, Jane brought several colleagues together for a lunchtime brainstorming session in the spring of 2012. This group became the leadership team of Empowering Women in Technology Startups. Read their bios here.